Benefits of Participating
When you volunteer to participate in a clinical research trial, you do more than just give of your time … you contribute to the development of medical therapies that could one day improve the health and quality of life of millions of people. At Brevard Clinical Research Center, we value the safety, comfort and well-being of our patients above all else, and we hope your experience as a research volunteer is both educational and enjoyable.
We have summarized some of the more common benefits that many of our participants have shared with us.
- Education regarding your condition and the available treatment options
- A thorough physical examination, often including lab work, EKG, ultrasounds, comprehensive screenings, and other tests, all at no cost
- Immediate test results whenever possible
- All prescribed medications provided at no cost during your time in the study
- Access to treatment and medication currently unavailable to the general public
- Open sharing of all lab work and test results with your primary care or specialty physician
- Compensation for time and travel once you qualify for a particular study
- Your participation will help make new medication and treatment options available to others
- Possible improvement in the symptoms related to your medical condition